Kelly Houser's Reviews > The Late, Lamented Molly Marx

The Late, Lamented Molly Marx by Sally Koslow

Sep 15, 10

Read from September 05 to 15, 2010

Molly Divine Marx is in quite a state - a dead state. After passing over into the Duration at the young age of 35 and under mysterious circumstances, Molly has a lot of time to ponder her present, while one foot remains in the past, when she was alive.

Molly becomes a spectator of the life she left behind. She watches as her loved ones, especially her young daughter Annabel, try to make sense of life without Molly. She reflects on her choices and whether or not they put her on a collision course with the hereafter. But mostly, Molly just misses being alive.

I picked this book up on something of a whim. I'd been seeing it everywhere and decided it was time to give it a whirl. Little did I know I would fall in love with this novel. Molly is such a funny, lovable, endearing, and honest character that it was totally easy to be pulled into this story merely by Molly's strength of will.

The plot was wonderful. I sort of expected a sappy plot about Molly yearning for her former life. And while Molly does yearn, the plot is anything but sappy. Well-constructed and engrossing, this quick-paced gem is now one of my favorites. I highly recommend this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Late, Lamented Molly Marx.