Daniel's Reviews > A Beautiful Blue Death

A Beautiful Blue Death by Charles Finch

M_50x66
Sep 05, 10

Read in August, 2010

I bought this book because I wanted to read a mystery novel. Not of some established author, but someone new. This was a leisurely read, in a way that it wasn't so much a page-turner or suspense-driven and you don't feel scared or chilled while reading. Perfect for reading on lazy Sundays and weeknights (when you have work the next morning) when you want to read something but not tire yourself or feel compelled to finish the novel because you want to find out the killer.

This is the first in the series of Charles Lenox, an amateur detective of the Victorian era, who seems to be bored with his comfortable life so he has taken up solving mysteries as a pastime. Don't expect a fast, thrilling ride. As this Victorian mystery go, there are plenty of time for tea and good meals before pondering mysteries and murders. Like I've said, this was a leisurely read. It's something you can read over time during free times and short breaks and weeknights when you just want something to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Blue Death.