Amaia's Reviews > Saint Iggy

Saint Iggy by K.L. Going

F 50x66
Oct 25, 10

Iggy is a regular high school kid with a messaged up family. Hs parents are absent from his life. His father ignores him, and his mother is MIA. Iggy want to do the right thing; he tries to be a good person and a decent student, but he doesn't always manage. Iggy tries to stay away from drugs, but his parents are involved with drugs, and the friend he turns to to get away from his parents also gets mixed up in drugs. As much as Iggy tries to stay out of it, he ends up involved because he wants to help his mother and his friend. The book sounds great, the description and the first page of the book make it sound like it is going to be great, however it does not maintain the high interest level. They way Iggy begins to describe his life is good. And definitely got me interested in his story, but I didnt stay interested throughout the story.

I did like way Iggy talks about his life, and tries to explain himself, I just think it could have been done more consistently throughout the book, and the plot line could have been better, including some more pertinent information and leaving out some of the unrelated topics.

Iggy says "I wonder why I am incomprehensible because everything I do makes perfect sense to me." I think if the whole book had maintained that type of writing it could have been great.

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Saint Iggy.