I heart MOLDY APPLES's Reviews > If I Die

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: to-read

Before reading
04/23/11
I don't know but I was just thinking, couldnt it be possibly that Kaylee might end up as a reaper.. I mean it would only seem right...

This book can go alot of ways....
Todd ends up with Kaylee..
Nash ends up with Sabine...
Todd has been assigned to collect Sabine...
Possibilities are endless. I do hope that Kaylee just dumps Nash. He is not good for her! Everything about him says selfish and undeserving. And if Rachel hooks her up with Todd, how the hell would that work? He is a Reaper. Don't see that happening. But I could see the possibility of her and Alec. That just might work... =)
This is going to be a very interesting book, I can already tell.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Die.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Liliana ♥s Mythology By Avery I hope you mean Alec, lol
I dont think Kaylee will want anything to do with Avery if she can help it.

I heart MOLDY APPLES Lol! haha. Yeah, him! But I don't know.. feelings can change fairly quick.

Manny There is hints about kaylee's borrowed time being up think maybe she will just become a reaper too i mean she has what it takes and i can't see why levi won't want her plus she and tod are perfect for each other. i also hope avery dies so addison can be recycled so tod can move on to kaylee.

I heart MOLDY APPLES Funny thing is that they do keep mentioning her borrowed time. If you read the Reaper Novella, you would know that Todd had seen Kaylee first and not Nash. But I also have a feeling her time is up. As for Avery dying, I highly doubt it, but who knows... As long as she is not with Nash I am happy because he has become too much of a needy jerk.

I heart MOLDY APPLES Sabine probably doesn't want him anymore by now, I sure wouldn't.

message 6: by Graciela (new) - added it

Graciela Marez haha I am with girl who reads books. Who the heck wants nash anymore? The problem is I dont think she could handle being a reaper...

I heart MOLDY APPLES Thats the fun part. I just really have a feeling that Kaylee belongs with Todd, which is why I think she will become a reaper.

message 8: by Graciela (new) - added it

Graciela Marez Yeah... Hopefully the book doesn't end with her dying... That would hecka suck!

message 9: by Sunnykimmy (last edited Sep 28, 2011 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sunnykimmy I also thought of something possibly happening between Kaylee and Alec, but I read an interview with Rachel where she says that he will appear in If I Die as a minor character, not as Kaylee's love interest. She ended with 'They're just friends'

Jennifer It was an amazing book! I can tell you are Team Tod so you will like it.

Sunnykimmy Jennifer wrote: "It was an amazing book! I can tell you are Team Tod so you will like it."

I've just read it and yes I am team Tod. This book did not disappoint. I'm still recovering from reading it. I can't wait for Before I Wake!

Jennifer Sunnykimmy wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "It was an amazing book! I can tell you are Team Tod so you will like it."

I know I have not recovered yet either! I have been thinking about it all day!

message 13: by Sam (last edited Apr 22, 2012 10:09AM) (new)

Sam Martin Could you guys explain why you feel that Nash is so needy jerk? I just want to know why you don't like him!? please list the reason!!!! I alway want to know why other people don't like him! By reading most of the comment from early books, it seen most people is outrage by his action when he was doing Frost. I am not saying what he did there is ok because it 's not. But I do understand people with drug problem and the things they are will to do to get a fix. How is he is needy? Thank you for you time!!!

Sunnykimmy Sam wrote: "Could you guys explain why you feel that Nash is so needy jerk? I just want to know why you don't like him!? please list the reason!!!! I alway want to know why other people don't like him! By rea..."

I don't really think he's needy, but I don't really like him anymore. What he did to Kaylee when he was on Frost was horrible. And yes, I know a lot of it was his addiction to the frost. But there were moments when I knew he was hesitating, some of the decisions he made were very conscious. I knew something was wrong, but I didn't know what until the end.

The worst part is not even really what he did, but that he didn't even seem sorry. It didn't really get through to him what he's done. He said sorry a lot, but I felt like he said it because that's what Kaylee needed to hear.

Also, he blamed Tod for his life, for making him feel guilty for being alive, when Tod gave his life for him. He also started blaming Kaylee for wanting a perfect boyfriend and whatnot. And while he has a point, Kaylee is definitely not completely innocent, it just shows that he never takes responsibility for his actions. Every time something went wrong in their relationship, he'd grab frost and then insult Kaylee or Tod, or both. While he isn't a bad guy at all, he's just really messed up right now. He's angry, he feels betrayed and he has every reason to. But it doesn't make him innocent. He's not the only one who got hurt. Unless he let's go of the anger he feels towards Kaylee and Tod, he'll always be messed up.

And the difference between Tod and Nash is that Tod does the wrong thing for the right reasons and the wrong thing can even turn out to be right depending on how you look at it. He usually does things for a good cause, even if people get hurt in the process. Nash does the wrong thing for the wrong reasons and that just makes it wrong.

But that's just what I remember from reading the books last year. I was planning on re-reading them for the Soul Screamers Challenge but I haven't started yet.