Janet's Reviews > Fly Away Home

Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner

Sep 06, 2010

bookshelves: angsty-goodness, separated-for-long-time, women-s-fiction-esque
Read in September, 2010 , read count: 1

Why I really liked this book: each woman, the heroine, and her two daughters, had issues with "life" and control ... messy, messy life and the choices we make. Life is tricky and has a way of spinning out of control no matter what. So faced with the ultimate indignity, a political wife withdrew to a sad old comfortable CT beach house (and as much as I like Martha Stewart tales of reclamation, the only decorating was "interior" and internal Lol) ... and took stock, and made stock and roasts and stews and took walks and took back her life and her memories and her choices. Same w/her daughters. I especially felt for the perfect daughter. A safe marriage to ease the potential pain of rejection ended up being arid and lonely and her solution was almost a killer. The addicted daughter came closest to being a cliche because you see her only in recovery and neither the before or after really conveyed her interior struggles. Her actions rang true though and you could understand her through the choices she made.

Highly recommended.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fly Away Home.