Heather Faville's Reviews > The Zombie Wilson Diaries

The Zombie Wilson Diaries by Timothy W. Long

Sep 18, 10

Read from September 05 to 16, 2010

Everyone, at some point in time has played the “Desert Island” game. You know the one. What one movie/tv/book show would you pick to take if you were stranded on a desert island? What one food/drink would you pick? Oh, I got one…what one person would you choose to be stranded with you on a desert island? Did any of you pick a hot female zombie? Well the protagonist of The Zombie-Wilson Diaries didn’t exactly PICK to be stranded on a desert island with a zombie of the opposite sex, but that’s just what happens and hilarity ensues!

The Zombie-Wilson Diaries is written in a journal style, the font is very handwritingesque and there are intentional spelling/grammatical errors to make it feel “real”. I, personally, love when this tactic is used for authenticity in journal style writing, as long as it’s not taken to the extreme. Seriously, you’re in the middle of a desert island with a zombie tied to a tree are you really going to worry about spelling and grammar in your entries?

What Tim Long has written is a zombedy (zombie comedy) that needs no summary. Suffice it to say that the author met and even exceeded every expectation I had. I will admit, I was worried that the running gag of a man stranded on an island with a zombie girlfriend would quickly get old and I would get bored. That did not happen, Long was able to come up with unique ways to keep the story moving forward. Can we say ZOMBIE SHARK?! Yes!

I truly only have one criticism of the book and that was the ending. I didn’t care for it, but maybe there is a sequel coming that I am unaware of that would make the ending work better for me. That’s not to say that I did not enjoy the book once it was done…I still loved it and I will read it again and recommend it to friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Zombie Wilson Diaries.

09/11/2010 page 76