Eric's Reviews > Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List by David Levithan

Oct 03, 10

bookshelves: love-me-some-gay-boys, i-see-boys-kissing, lgbtq, alternating-pov
Read on October 03, 2010

Let me start off with I LOVED Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, I thought they couldn't possibly do any better, boy was I wrong. From the beginning I was hooked. Honest to God I was sucked right in from the moment Ely makes his confession. Let me try that again, no lie I was sorta thinking about how I hope this book wouldn't suck cause I'm be a little disappointed and then bam! Like a train wreck I couldn't stop looking away even though it was terribly gruesome. I know it's not much to say I finished this in a day but I can't even begin to explain to you how much crap I had to try and deal with in my own life on the day I choose to read this. Yet by the end of the day I HAD to finish this book. Every character is great. The dialogue seems to have been taken up a notch since their last pairing and I adored so many moments. (side note let me take a moment and say that if you're thinking about about f-bombs you hear in a YA novel let me remind you that in those formative years everyone tries out cussing like a sailor just because you can. You're lying if you say otherwise.) So many laughs and quotables I'll try not to overburden you with in the quotes section of the book. I will say this though I listened mostly to the audiobook book and later saw how they incorporated emoticons into the text. I'm not sure how I felt about some of the narrators for the book just as much as how I felt about the emoticons but regardless of either version you read you have to accept them cause overall it's definitely worth it. Hand to heart.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List.

Quotes Eric Liked

Rachel Cohn
“It's a total lie to say there's only one person you're going to be with for the rest of your life. If you're lucky - and if you try really hard - there will always be more than one. ”
Rachel Cohn, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

David Levithan
“Things that matter are not easy. Feelings of happiness are easy. Happiness is not. Flirting is easy. Love is not. Saying you’re friends is easy. Being friends is not.”
David Levithan, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

David Levithan
“We always see our worst selves. Our most vulnerable selves. We need someone else to get close enough to tell us we’re wrong. Someone we trust.”
David Levithan, Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List

10/03/2010 page 1
0.0% "Is it allowed at this moment to 5 star a book based on the brilliant exposition laid out in the first chapter? If so, No Kiss List just won. I thought Nick and Norah was amazing but Naomi and Eli rips out your soul and puts it on the page for you to read playing with your emotions as easily as breathing."
10/03/2010 page 110
48.0% "Oh ouch. The Bitterest Pill (I Ever Had to Swallow) that burns. It's burns hard."
10/03/2010 page 200
87.0% "(ish) The Cure. For the Ex's? I'm sorry, Nick. You know. Will you kiss me again? #win"