Martina the Book Fairy's Reviews > Bitten to Death

Bitten to Death by Jennifer Rardin

862023
Sep 28, 10

bookshelves: greece, urban-fantasy, vampire, werewolves, werebear, magic, cia, assassin
Read from September 26 to 28, 2010

I chose to read this book just a few days ago after hearing about the unexpected death of the author this past Monday, Sept 20. Jennifer, your fans will sorely miss you! Rest in peace.

The series is urban fantasy with enough simmering, teasing sexual tension to keep us PNR lovers happy. Jaz is a special agent for a paranormal division of the government. Not too long ago a mission went very badly - Jaz died but came back with strange new powers. Now she's working in an even more secret division as a paranormal assassin. Her partner is Vayl, a sexy vampire with plenty of secrets of his own.

In this particular book, Jaz & Vayl are in Greece to infiltrate a vampire clan (called a "Trust") of which Vayl used to be a member. Their mission is thrown into chaos and their lives into danger when they arrive to find that their contact and the leader of the Trust is dead and the new leader has an agenda of her own.

I very much enjoyed this book! I loved that the book's plot revealed a lot of Vayl's history which in turn opened up a lot more of the overarching series plot and therefore also the romantic plot between Jaz & Vayl. I've already got #5 of my TBR shelves and will be sure to read it soon!

BTW, for those wondering, Jennifer did finish this series. Book #7 will be released in November with #8 following in summer 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bitten to Death.

09/26/2010 page 104

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Do you happen to know if book 8 will wrap up the series, or is it just the "final" book she wrote in the series? Do you know how she died? She was only 45 years old!

Martina the Book Fairy I've heard that book 8 actually does complete/end/finish the series rather than cutting it off prematurely.

I haven't heard any chatter about how she dies, but her blog doesn't mention any illness so if I had to guess I'd say car accident or something along those lines. So sad!