Martina the Book Fairy's Reviews > Hands of Flame

Hands of Flame by C.E. Murphy

The series is a UF trilogy - the trilogy part being somewhat rare these days as series often last a minimum of 6 books and as many as 20+ (hello, LKH!).

They take place in NYC and are about a lawyer named Margrit Knight who stumbles across paranormal creatures existing right among all the humans - djinn, Selkies, dragons, vampires, and gargoyles. She quickly finds herself embroiled in the politics of these "old races" and not much more than her brain, a touch of bravery and a ton of "grit" will get her out of it alive.

I'm not sure why this book sat on my TBR shelf for so long. I remember LOVING the first one, so the second one must have disappointed me somewhat. This one was quite good, but left a few too many loose ends to feel like the story is truly over, which sadly, it is.

The author has written some short stories that take place in this universe, though - those are rumored to be out in the second half of 2011. But it doesn't sound like any additional full-length stories are planned at this time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hands of Flame.