JenBee's Reviews > Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

Jolie Wilkins is a psychic who is living life quietly running her fortune telling shop until the mysterious Rand, a warlock, turns up on her doorstep and everything changes forever. Offered a job she can not refuse Jolie travels to Chicago where she discovers her special talent. It is this special talent which causes her to be drawn into a world of vampires, magic and mayhem! Watch out for a fun and fast paced journey into this world as Jolie learns about her new life!

Jolie is a very likeable character, she seems very normal (well except the seeing auras bit and all that) and manages to remain so despite all the incredible things which happen to her once she is plunged into the supernatural world after working for Rand.

Rand is everything an alpha urban fantasy male should be. Mysterious, hot and more than a little difficult at times, but genuine and wonderful with Jolie.

Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble is set for the main part in England, this is quite unusual for an urban fantasy book but I loved it (being English!!) and thought H.P. Mallory captured England very well. Pelham Manor’s description reminded me of many manor houses I’ve seen (I live fairly close to where Pelham Manor is set) and brought it to life wonderfully.

I liked how the characters seemed well rounded and very real to me, not just Rand and Jolie. I felt I knew exactly what Jolie’s best friend Christa looked like and was like. The descriptions of how different people saw the fairies was very interesting. Also watch out for the vampire Sinjin, is he what he seems to be?

I really enjoyed Fire Burn & Cauldron Bubble, it is excellent fun, sexy and a fast paced read. I am looking forward to the next book in the Jolie Wilkins series, we are left with plenty of questions to keep us coming back!

My review was published on my blog, if you'd like to check my blog out visit:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.