Kenneth Rathburn's Reviews > All the President's Men

All the President's Men by Carl Bernstein

M 50x66
Sep 15, 10

All the President's Men is a bit of a peculiarity on my end. For my college Journalism class, we watched the movie version of this book towards the end of the semester. What drew me to the book wasn't, however, that I liked the movie. Quite the opposite; I found the movie to be uninteresting and generally boring. But as a then-aspiring journalistic writer, I assumed that the book might be a more worthwhile trip as I'd be reading instead of watching. With regards to the book, I'll say that, despite the fact it didn't engage me much more than the film, I still found some key points of interest with the approaches taken by Bernstein and Woodward. Thus, it should be clear my rating of the book is more in-line with how good I see the book as outside of my opinion (something I'm still trying to incorporate into my overall verdict of just about anything). If you're interested in taking up a journalistic type of profession, then I think this is a book worth reading despite potential for not enjoying it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All the President's Men.