Jennifer Defoy's Reviews > Live Long, Finish Strong: The Divine Secret to Living Healthy, Happy, and Healed

Live Long, Finish Strong by Gloria Copeland

Sep 18, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: hachette-giveaway-books, 2010-reads, audiobooks
Read from September 05 to 15, 2010

This title was provided for review by Hachette Book Group.

Although I didn't totally agree with the overall message, that we can live to be at least 120 years old, I did like the ideas that she presented to living a strong life. I did agree with her that our lives will be done when we have fullfilled our purpose on earth and God is "done" with us.

I liked how there were confessions at the beginning of each chapter and at the end of each chapter there were points to remember. When I listen to audio books sometimes my mind gets dragged away and I forget parts of what I've just heard. So the points to remember really helped me keep track of what was being said. At the end of the book there is a whole list of different Bible versus that talk about living long. I think that was kind of neat, that she was able to pull all of these versus together and put them in one place, as a handy reference (if you have the print version).

The writing was very good. It was so simple and had a good bit of humor included. I could really tell that Gloria had done her homework for this book, and the stories of centenarians were quite inspiring. But I think that living a long life is part of the makeup of her and her husband's ministry, so I would imagine she's been gathering this information for quite a while, not that it makes it any more or less inspiring.

The narrator did a great job reading. She had a Paula Dean quality to her voice. She just sounded like someone with so much love in her voice. It was more like listening to a friend talk that listening to an audiobook. I'm not sure if that was from the way the book was written, the narrator's voice, or a combination of the two (I'm leaning towards the later).

Overall I think this was a good one. I don't know that I would have picked it up on my own, but I'm glad I was given a copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Live Long, Finish Strong.