Kayla's Reviews > Say Goodbye

bookshelves: own, read-in-2010, 5-star-books, lisa-gardner, series
Read from September 05 to 06, 2010

SAY GOODBYE by Lisa Gardner

My Thoughts:
This book was a incredible story. It is about a serial killer with a major somethin' somethin' for all things 8-legged, but it also includes some more "sensitive" topics that some people might be opposed to reading. For me, personally, I thought it was a great read front to back. The characters were as well written as the unique story. There wasn't a single character who wasn't written into their role with perfection. It did get a bit confusing near the 3/4 mark, but once I realized that some scenes were in the past while others were in the present, it got easier to understand. SAY GOODBYE had an amazing story, with incredible plot twists and behind-the-scenes discoveries that were truly genius. I read this 360 page book in all the spare time I had in a 24 hour span, it was so engrossing I couldn't put it down. I can't get over how creative the storyline was in this book. It's the kind of story where if it was a movie, some things coming to light would make you gasp in shock in amazement of the secrets that were revealed. I can't think of anything that I didn't like about this book. I'd say this was one of the most original, well thought out stories I've read in a long time, and it definitely earned a place as one of the top novels I've ever read.

Favorite Quotes:
Mac ~ "But if you want the inside skinny, she'll do anything you want for vanilla pudding. I keep snack packs stashed in my car. It's probably the only reason I'm still alive. Oh, and don't forget plastic spoons, otherwise it gets ugly." (Page 26)
Delilah ~ "For a moment, I kind of thought...maybe I was a specimen, too. You know, Slutto hookeroso." (Page 38)
"They understood what it was like to strive so hard to save a stranger's life while living each day knowing they had failed the ones they loved. Mostly, they understood the importance of always moving forward, because if you stood in one place too long, you risked getting crushed by the boulder weight of regret." (Page 86/87)
"The night sky yawned above her. A pinprick of stars. The more distant glow of the city. She forced herself to take in the shadowed outline of the trees, the bushes, the distant horizon. Nothing loomed in the dark unknown." (Page 106)
Kimberly ~ "I'm a federal agent. Wading into shit is my job." (Page 107)
Mac ~ "Did you hit the bar scene? Go hooker shopping? Or did you stand on a street corner and call, 'Here Mr. Freaky Scary Man. Come find fresh bait.'" (Page 108)
"She wanted to ask him everything, so she asked him nothing at all." (Page 183)
"The first gust of wind hit, laced with rain, tasting like distant pines." (Page 238/239)
"The men drifted down the street and, soon enough, were swallowed by the gloom." (Page 340)
"I'm patient, careful, observant. Just a spider on the wall, you know, slowly spinning my web." (Page 354)

Overall Opinion: A+

~Kayla

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Say Goodbye.

09/05/2010 page 184