Leah's Reviews > Cowgirl Up and Ride

Cowgirl Up and Ride by Lorelei James

Glory hallelujah, finally. Finally. This is the Lorelei James I know and love. With Cord and AJ's story, she has finally got into her groove, gifting us with a great erotic romance.

I really enjoyed Cowgirl Up And Ride. To the point that I stayed up until 3:40 A.M. last night so I could finish reading it. I loved AJ and Cord together; they were so cute. The fact that AJ had loved Cord since she was five years old and that love just grew as she became older and started loving the man not the fantasy, was a great part of the romance and what I think held the book together. I did like seeing more of AJ than in the other books and it was good to get to know the real her instead of just the face she put up for other people. Same goes for Cord. He hadn't really been in the first two Rough Rider books very much so it was interesting to learn more about the oldest of the McKay brothers. To see him struggle with his feelings was both endearing and frustrating, and I think I almost cried when he asked AJ to marry him because they were compatible. It was sweet to see him with Ky, see him as a father because it was quite the change from Colby and Carter in their books. And probably the sweetest part was when Cord was shouting all the things he loved about AJ at Keely because he was scared to tell AJ, but then he started wooing her and I was completely and utterly wooed myself.

I liked the parts about Kade because I really look forward to reading his book next. I enjoyed seeing him realize that he wanted something more out of his life than just meaningless sex, drinking, and drugs.

And Colt, oh Colt, he broke my heart. I knew, of course, about all the drinking, drugging, and sexing it up from previously reading Branded As Trouble. But just reading about it in the general sense is completely different from actually reading it. It just completely and utterly broke my poor heart to see my Colt like that. Thank God Kade finally helped him and took him to a rehab center. Also, I really loved the fact that he was the brother that Cord brought with him to get married in the end. That was sweet.

All in all, I loved this book. It was great, fantastic, superb, orgasmic. And it gives me hope that the rest of the books will be like that. Thank you, Cord and AJ, for getting me out of my Rough Riders funk!
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cowgirl Up and Ride.

12/26/2010 page 1
0.0% "I'm prepared to be wowed, Cord and AJ. Don't let me down."
12/26/2010 page 16
6.0% "I've already got a good feeling about this one :)" 6 comments
12/27/2010 page 26
9.0% "Oh, Colt, you poor misguided man. Same goes for you too, Kade." 2 comments
12/27/2010 page 31
11.0% "Holy fuck. Are you shitting me? Kane went out with the woman that Kade is going to end up with? That's just sick. But I suppose it could be worse. But only if Kane had slept with her. Ridiculous." 6 comments
12/27/2010 page 70
25.0% "Cord, I cannot take you seriously when you say something like this: “Kissin’ your red-hot love flower made this stem grow big and hard just for you, baby doll.”" 5 comments
12/27/2010 page 132
48.0% "Oh, Colt, you are making me very, very sad, babycakes."

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) This is my fave one! And Cord RAWR!!!

Leah LOL! I already love it. Can't wait to read more! :D

Suzanne the Mighty (Under the Covers Book blog) LMAO! I just read your quote from page 70 LOLOLOL!!!

Leah LMAO! The love flower/stem one? Yeah, that was fucking ridiculous! LOL

Dina "All in all, I loved this book. It was great, fantastic, superb, orgasmic. And it gives me hope that the rest of the books will be like that."

The worst is over, Leah. You're a brave soul, reading books #1 and #2 when you could have skipped them. All you have to do now is relax and collect the reward. :D

MelissaB Great review! This one was a lot better than the first two and I loved all of them from here onward (for the most part - let's just forget about the beginning of Cowgirl Up and Ride).

message 7: by UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick (last edited Dec 29, 2010 11:27AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

UniquelyMoi ~ 1-Click RockChick This is the book that made me a fan! Great review :)

Leah Thanks, guys! It's going really good so far. I absolutely LOVED Tied Up, Tied Down. My favorite so far. I'm on the fifth one now and I like it more than I thought I would.