Oleta Blaylock's Reviews > Vampire Mistress

Vampire Mistress by Joey W. Hill

Jul 12, 11

Read from July 08 to 11, 2011

What to say about this book? I am not as fond of Mistress/male sub books as I am about Master/female sub stories. Joey has always been able to over come that and get me involved with the whole Domination/submission concept and blurring who is doing what to whom. This story is not any different from those other books. She begins bring you into the story, ease your way to understanding each character and what they are seeking. Anwyn wants someone to be her full time slave, someone she can love and nurture. However things are more complicated than just female and male because she has fallen in love with a vampire assassin. Daegan is all alpha male vampire who has fallen in love with Anwyn but has never made her his servant. Wanting her to make the decision. Wanting her to realize that she won't lose herself, who she was deep inside, if she gave up control to Deagan. Into this cauldron of intense emotion comes a vampire hunter on the verge of losing his soul. Gideon is losing his way and he is looking for redemption.

This is an outstanding first part of a bigger story. I loved watching each one of the central characters struggle to overcome the adversity of Anwyn being turned as well as Jacob becoming a third marked servant. There is so much emotion and violence throughout the story. So much pain and uncertainty and decisions being made that are based on guilt instead of logic and love. I can see that Gideon would be a difficult character to write. He is opinionated and arrogant and very, very lost. Daegan has been on his own so long he has been able to open up to Anwyn and tell what he feels for her. Anwyn is so afraid of losing control she can't see how much these two men care for her, especially Daegan. I was torn between wanting to shake each of them and hugging them until it was better. This story is very much a Joey W. Hill creation. It you like her work you will enjoy this. Be warned that there is a lot of violence and some very strong BDSM in this story so it won't be for those that don't like that kind of stuff. Although there isn't any male on male sex there is touching and a working toward that in the next book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Mistress.