April's Reviews > The Forgotten Garden

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton

Sep 09, 2010

bookshelves: 2010-reads
Read from September 04 to 09, 2010

A young girl abandoned on a ship headed for Australia in 1913. Her name, her past, all unknown. She is taken in by a local man and woman and told the truth behind her entrance into their family on her twenty first bithday. Her world, her life shattered, Nell sets out to learn her life's history. Her journey leads her to answers but also leaves her with unanswered questions. Following her grandmother Nell's death, Cassandra embarks on a mission to discover the truth behind her grandmother's true identity and answer the questions that remained.

At 549 pages, I overlooked this book many times daunted by the sheer thickness of it's spine. I was more than pleasantly surprised to see that it read like a fairy tale of sorts. Told in three separate but inter-linked story lines, they weave together to give a multi-generational dimension to the story. Hard to describe this book but one I won't soon forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forgotten Garden.

Judy Your reviews make me want not only to read your books but to write better reviews myself!