Darcy's Reviews > Wild Man Creek

Wild Man Creek by Robyn Carr

Feb 14, 11

bookshelves: 2011, 2012, audio-book, listened-to-at-work, romance
Read from February 11 to 14, 2011

There is just something about this book that just sucked me in from the first page, the reason was Jilly and Colin.

When we first meet Jillian I was blindsided just like she was. I couldn't believe how angry I was for her. If it were possible to reach into the page and throttle someone I would have done this. While Jillian did have someone in her corner, it just wasn't enough and when she needed a break, I just knew Virgin River would be in her sights, just the place she would be able to go, recover and come back stronger.

I have to say that the way she choose to recover was one that was unusual, but really seemed to fit her. Her child like glee in her new endeavor was catching and I admit I wondered if I could do something like that as well. I also loved that Jillian jumped in with both feet, failure just wasn't an option for her.

Colin was still struggling with the loss of what he believed was his ability to fly, his life long dream. And like so many he came to Virgin River to heal and plan his next step, of course it helped that his brother lived there and another was close. Colin's activity to fill his days did more than that. It had the added benefit of helping him work through his injury as a sort of pt, brought him to Jillian, and opened a new fork in a road he never thought to travel.

While a great portion of this book was about Jillian, Colin, and their courtship/relationship it also showcased just was is the appeal of this series, the community of Virgin River itself.

Within this story an old character that has had so much tragedy in his young life facing another one, but as always he faced it with a grace that someone his age shouldn't have. I found myself tearing up at this point and will find it hard in future books when his prediction comes true.

We also have a relative newcomer to Virgin River, one who has embraced the spirit of the community and quickly become one of the cornerstones, face news that threw him off his moorings more than once. He really needed to learn that family and community is not always where you are born, but often what you make of it.

With every series you have books that you like more than others and this one is one of my favorites in the series and it has one of the best scenes at the end that I have read in a long time!!

I only hope the next book can live up to this one!!
4 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wild Man Creek.

02/11/2011 page 110
30.0% "Starting Chapter 5, this one is really hard to put down" 3 comments
02/13/2011 page 213
59.0% "Getting ready to start chapter 11" 6 comments

Shera (Book Whispers) *wicked grin* Te-hee. I just love the name of this one.

Darcy It fits the character too as he has long hair and a big beard.

Shera (Book Whispers) Big beard! *grins* Tell me he wears plaid!!

Darcy No, he is/was an army guy, so lots of cargo pants with the ugly green t-shirts.

Jackie Lane I just finished this and absolutely loved it. I'll have to go and put my thoughts down on our BR thread.

Darcy I just got home too and finished as well. Just getting ready to head over to put up my thoughts.

Jackie Lane Did you just love it or what?

Darcy This was definitely one of my favorites!!

Kelly A Knock it off ladies...some of us are trying to work here. LOL I can't wait to get back to the river!!! =)

Jackie Lane Kelly, it was totally awesome. Right now it is absolutely my favorite!

Darcy I didn't plan on finishing this one today, but while I was at the store the story was so good that I stayed there to finish. :)

Jackie Lane I don't blame you, I would have done the same thing.