Irish's Reviews > The Angel Experiment

Jul 30, 14

bookshelves: young-adult, science-fiction, shelved-books
Recommended to Irish by: Marisa
Read from September 04 to 07, 2010 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** This book was recommended by my second cousin who also enjoys paranormal/supernatural kind of story. She told me this is a sci-fi, exciting book so I gave it a try.

Maximum Ride is the second book I read written by James Patterson. His first book that I read was Witch and Wizard that up until now, I wasn't able to finish. At first it was awesome then I noticed that I'm about to finish the book but nothing good have happened yet. Clearly to say, I got bored at the middle of the book that I left it unfinished. I was afraid that this will happened to Maximum Ride too so it took me a while to grab a copy of this book from the bookstore.

Finally, I was able to buy it and started reading it three days ago. The first page was enticing, makes you want to flip the page and read more. Maximum Ride and the flock's life situation is really intriguing. The story was kinda fast paced but in a good way. The character are lovable and I can easily follow the story line. What kinda irritates me is the stories view of perspective. I don't know who's telling the story, the first chapter it will be Max then after a few it will jump to the next character.. and so on. It would have been fun though if Fang got a chance to narrate some part but never happened.

Max's adventure started when one of their 'family' member has been kidnapped and returned to the place they called 'School', where they're DNA's been experimented thus they have turned into a flying mutant. They decided to rescue their 'little sister' despite of being scared of going back to the place where they feel like lab rats. From the rescue, they learned a things about themselves (past and their destiny) and thus the great adventure of the Flock starts.

I almost enjoyed the book but there are moments that I omit the other pages and finding myself looking for a hint of max-fang romance knot. Although there are hints, I know it's not a focus of the story. Nonetheless, I am hooked with Max's story. It would have been fun though if Max is a bit older (16 or 17) and the others are not too young cause kids running around the city is hard to miss and it will not look convincing since Max was persuading us to believe that her story is real.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Angel Experiment.

09/04/2010 page 39
8.0% "Interesting! They're off to save Angel from the lab geeks but they're outnumbered!"