Nian's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith

Sep 17, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from September 07 to 17, 2010

I really hate that I never bought into the whole Pride and Prejudice fame. I often wondered if I was missing out by not having read about this romance between Darcy and Elizabeth. That's not to say I didn't try. I did. Twice. But both times, I never made it as far as 30 pages. So, I thought, if there were zombies in it, maybe I would like it more?

For awhile, I did. I was pretty delighted by the beginning. There was the silly banter between the parents that made me laugh and I really did enjoy it. But then it got boring. I thought the "chemistry" or whatever Darcy and Elizabeth had was a bit silly and much too slow to progress. I felt like they were always shifting around "Hm, maybe he's not so bad!" and "Oh, his pride will be his downfall!" Okay. I get it.

The zombie idea made me smile for a bit, until I realized the zombie stuff felt completely random. Smith didn't exactly do the best job with his poor transitions and trying to segue into the zombie attacks. After a while, I felt like I was reading the original P&P, and since the original didn't exactly wow me, I had to stop reading this, too. Especially since it didn't seem to go anywhere.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

09/07/2010 page 20
6.0% "What a wonderful twist to the original first line of P&P: "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains.""
09/15/2010 page 99
31.0% "I think I'm giving up. Yep. I am."