Annikka's Reviews > Greywalker

Greywalker by Kat Richardson

Sep 04, 10

bookshelves: fantasy

** spoiler alert ** I've seen this reviewed a few times, but told myself I'd had enough of this type of book with the Anita Blake series - which I got through a handful of before I walked away and haven't looked back.

I am pleased to say...I WAS WRONG TO IGNORE IT! I picked this book up on Thursday night while perusing the bookstore shelves. I started to read it Friday morning, and was almost late for work because I got sucked into the story.

Ms. Richardson gives us a very believable character in Harper. She's a small time PI who just wants to do her job and get paid. Just like all of us. When one of her targets gets a little unruly, she dies - and is promptly brought back by the marvels of modern medicine.

When that happens, Kat starts slipping into what she later learns is called "the Grey" - that inbetween world of monsters and ghosts. While dealing with this she picks up a boyfriend, new friends in the form of a paranormal philosophy professor and his Irish witch wife, and some interesting problems - such as a vengeful spirit trapped by a necromancer, a fledgling vampire with no clue what he's doing, and the attentions of a whole flock of vampires.

Harper is skeptical, angry, and just wants to go back to her normal life. Obviously, or we wouldn't have much of a story here, she doesn't get her wish. I'm looking forward to collecting the remaining books in the series, and will watch for new additions to Harper's story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Greywalker.