Jane's Reviews > The Marrowbone Marble Company

The Marrowbone Marble Company by M. Glenn Taylor

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010
Read from October 04 to 18, 2010

The story of Loyal Ledford appealed to me and I was looking forward to reading the story and enough has been said about it by other reviewers. I thought from what others had said it might be a good book for my book group as it covered an interesting period of American history. The book floundered for me because as it went on I lost interest in the characters and they were never fully developed enough for me to be truely engrossed by them. Rachel, Ledford's wife staretd out with promise but soon became an enigma coming up once in a while to knit a marble bag and then shrinking into the distance. Mary their daughter with her camera - I lost interest in what she was going to do with all that film she took. Erm, Ledford's "friend" from the War - now he could have been an interesting character but only poppped in once in a while and sometimes I forgot who he was. I could go on about the others but won't because by the end of the book I didn't really care.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Marrowbone Marble Company.