Ksenia's Reviews > The Farseekers

The Farseekers by Isobelle Carmody

Sep 03, 10

Read in October, 2009

So I got the first one from the library and towards the end of the first book I knew this was something interesting. But it wasn’t until the second book (at the end of the second book no less) when I knew I had something fascinating in my hands. The moment that really got me was when the horse Gahltha pledges his loyalty to Elspeth and promises to help her and never leave her side (there’s a reason why of course) but I was so moved by this previously-arrogant horse and his devotion, that my heart melted right then and there. And then when I got to the third book, I was desperate to finish it and see what happens that one night I stayed up to finish Ashling without so much as speaking to my husband one night. And now I wait for the fourth book to come from the library. And to be honest, after finishing Ashling, I was left in a bit of a reading funk: I didn’t know what to read next. In a matter of a week, I picked up four books and didn’t finish any of them (although one I know I will return to shortly). I guess I went through some withdrawal and I hadn’t felt that since last year in the summer. So that wasn’t so much of a review as me wanting to gush about this series. Loving it! Oh, and to think this whole series was started when the author was still in high school??? The author has got quite the imagination and even though it takes place on Earth, it might as well be Middle-Earth or something else like it. It’s so wonderful to read the world she has created here. And the people as well…if you can, read them. Definitely do not give up on the first book: the books get so much more interesting and intricate, that you’ll be itching for the next book in the series, like I am.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Farseekers.