Laura's Reviews > Big Stone Gap

Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani

Sep 08, 10

Read in September, 2010

This was a very light fun book to read. The story is set in the 70's in a very rural mountain town in Virginia. If there was a list called: "Books set in small quirky towns," I would add this book to it. The cast of characters includes all the quirky lovable types that you would expect in a book like this. The story follows Ave Maria, a single Italian-American woman, as she turns 35 and the following year in her life. I found her character to be very likable and could easily relate to her. The discoveries Ave Maria makes about herself and women in general I thought were insightful and interesting.

I liked this book because: (1) the character has several love interests that are all really good guys. No one ruined their chances with Ave Maria by doing something wrong. I had no idea who she would end up with until the very end. (2) It was a good romance book that was rated PG.

I only gave it 4 stars because although it was a fun read, it wasn't incredibly mind-blowing. In a year, I probably won't remember the plot.

Overall a fun fast read. Looking forward to the following books in the series (so far there are 3 more after this one).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Stone Gap.