Addy's Reviews > Blue Angel

Blue Angel by Francine Prose

Sep 05, 10

Read from September 03 to 05, 2010

This book was extremely disappointing. Ted is a professor at a college and meets Angela who is a student in his class. His wife, Sherrie also works at the college as a nurse, and their relationship with their daughter, Ruby has greatly deteriorated since she left for a different college.
Anyway, since I didn't like this book very much, I'm not going to give it a very good review. Basically, Angela's started writing a novel and she and Ted meet after class to discuss the novel and how it's going. Their relationship developes into something more. He becomes somewhat obsessive about her. They work on her novel, he gives her advice and critiques and at one point, her computer breaks down, so he drives her to the store so she can purchase a new one. When they get back to campus, she asks him to help carry everything up, and he does. She starts installing it and they eventually start making out and having sex...that is, until his tooth breaks. Blahblahblah, everything goes on as normal until he discovers that Angela's played him and wore a tape recorder to one of their 'meetings' and has turned it into the Dean's office. He's set in front of a trial, and everything goes to shit.

This was a poorly-written and boring read. The ending especially pissed me off. I didn't really see her turning on him like that, and I hated the ending. Crappy book. One star.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blue Angel.