Carmen Marie's Reviews > The Replacement

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

Hands down...AMAZING! I first decided to read this book simply because I thought the cover was creeptastic. I must say..I could not put this book down. I didnt want to work, I didnt want to sleep, I pretty much wanted to neglect any responsiblities to finish it (needless to say I had to work and take care of the family). Brenna Yovanoff is an amazing writer...Mackie has so much emotion and you cant help but love him. Regardless of knowing he a "replacement" he does everything for love -- the love of his friends, his family, for Tate. It really tugged at my heart and I hoped for the happy ending in such a dark, disturbing world that is Gentry. All I can say is read this book...you will not be disappointed. Absolutely brilliant!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Replacement.

Quotes Carmen Liked

Brenna Yovanoff
“I wanted to tell her that I loved her, and not in the complicated way I loved our parents, but in a simple way I never had to think about. I loved her like breathing.”
Brenna Yovanoff, The Replacement

06/02/2011 page 23
7.0% "...ugh why do people talk to me while i try to read on lunch -- i so wanted to get further, but didnt happen :("
06/03/2011 page 87
25.0% "oh so good...I am loving Brenna Yovanoff's style!"