Joyzi's Reviews > Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: e-book, 5-stars-or-more, fiction, ya-books, reviewed, book-series, guilty-pleasures, chick-lit, realistic-fiction, contemporary-romance
Recommended to Joyzi by: Youtube
Recommended for: Peeps who love romantic comedy
Read from September 16 to 18, 2010

I really love books that made me laugh my ass off and Rules of Attraction was definitely one of those. I think it's better than Perfect Chemistry (more comical moments and less drama) and I love most of the characters. I love Carlos, Kiara, Tuck, Brandon, Dick and of course Alex and Brit.

It's a book wherein the plot's not that great (cliche, predictable, slow) but the dialogues and the characters made up for that, that it turns out you love the book despite the flaws.

I think the part where I really hardly stop laughing is when Carlos and Tuck argues (Carlos mistook Tuck as Kiara's boyfriend but truth is Tuck is Gay and Kiara's best friend). I also love the part when Carlos substitute as a soccer player for Tuck's Gay Soccer Team and he needs to wear a pink shirt and most of the gays from the team were crushing on him, that was really funny too. I also love Brandon haha, he's so innocent, funny and cute.

This is also heavy on the romance just like the first one and actually the book cover was a scene from the book (I think it's also one of my favorite part in this book).

I would probably recommend it to 16 years old & above because the book has foul language, drugs, sex, violence in it.

So if you like Perfect Chemistry, read this! If you haven't read Perfect Chemistry, I recommend to read that first and then read this one to avoid confusion, amigo.

___________________________________________________________________
Haha I now have an e-book of this, can't wait to read this ^^.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rules of Attraction.

09/17/2010 page 270
83.0% "This is funny as hell!"

message 1: by Vida (new) - added it

Vida Hi Joyzi! Could I possibly pretty please get a copy of your e-book? Really liked the first book and I've been waiting to read the sequel. :)

Karen Joy i might not part of this conversation, but i know where to get an e-book for free.

do you want it for your phone? get it from www.mobile9.com, though i am not sure if the book you want to read is uploaded in there.

but here's another way to read it for free but it's a pdf format. here's the web address: www.4shared.com

and by the way, you need a java application if mobile e-book, of course

and adobe reader is pdf format.

:D

Joyzi It's hard to read a pdf format in your phone so what I do is I
>open the pdf format through ADOBE
>click the VIEW button
>click AUTOMATICALLY SCROLL
>press CTRL A (to select all)
>CTRL C (to copy)
>open NOTEPAD
>CTRL V (to paste)
>press exit button
> save changes, press YES
> save the file, in UNICODE format not ANSI

Joyzi When you save it on your phone, it is much easier to read because you just need to scroll up and down

Kwesi 章英狮 Karen, thanks!

message 6: by Vida (new) - added it

Vida I use Stanza to convert PDF files into a format my iPod can read. That's another option. :)

Joyzi I'm reading e-book throught my phone and it's readable so it's fine by me.

Denisa LOL reading the end of the review made me laugh, "Amigo" xD

message 9: by ☼~Marian~☼ (new)

☼~Marian~☼ Was this made into a movie? I remember a movie with this title.

Joyzi Nope, yeah I think there's a movie with this title. Is it a Korean movie? I can't remember.

Ruth Noemi Rojas Your review was amazing,amigo. Haha...;)