Bryn ((B2/B.P)) Ryeosomniac~~'s Reviews > Matched

Matched by Ally Condie

Jan 27, 2011

bookshelves: dystopia-and-apocoliptic, favorites
Read from January 24 to 27, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.

Quotes Bryn ((B2/B.P)) Liked

Ally Condie
“Every minute you spend with someone gives them a part of your life and takes part of theirs.”

Ally Condie
“Growing apart doesn't change the fact that for a long time we grew side by side; our roots will always be tangled. I'm glad for that.”

Ally Condie
“Is falling in love with someone's story the same thing as falling in love with the person himself?”

“Cassia.
I know which life is my real one now, no matter what happens. It’s the one with you. For some reason, knowing that even one person knows my story makes things different. Maybe it’s like the poem says. Maybe this is my way of not going gentle.
I love you. (Ky Markham)”

Ally Condie
“I think of how perhaps the best way to fly would be with hands full of earth, so you always remember where you came from.”
tags: this

Ally Condie
“Did the poet know how lucky he was, to have such beautiful words and a place to put them and keep them?”

Ally Condie
“I came up on the screen, too, Cassia. But he was the one you chose to see.”

Ally Condie
“Are you congratulating me on my life, or on my death?”

“I love you."
lightning. Once it has forked, hot-white, from sky to earth, there is no going back.
It's time. I feel it, I know it. My eyes on him, his on me, and both of us breathing, watching, tired of of waiting. Ky close his eyes, but mine are still open. what will it feel like, his lips on mine? Like a secret told, a promise kept? Like that line in the poem-a shower of all my days- silvery rain falling all around me, where the lighting meets the earth?
The whistle blows below us and the moment breaks. We are safe.
For now.”

Ally Condie
“No one should die alone.”

Ally Condie
“Water's always moving. It's never the same.”

Ally Condie
“But if you were Matched," I say softly, "What do you think she'd be like?"
"You," he says, almost before I've finished. "You.”

Ally Condie
“What is it about your voice that
makes me want to hear you speak?”

Ally Condie
“It was as though I saw for the first time that
life could branch into different paths, take different directions.”

Ally Condie
“If I couldn’t name it, would I even know what it is? Would I even feel it at all?”

Ally Condie
“We don't need to understand everything.”

Ally Condie
“Why are some things easier to write than say?”

01/25/2011 page 260
71.0% "Ky and Cassia are sooo cute :))"

Bianca What did you think of it?

Bryn ((B2/B.P))   Ryeosomniac~~ I really liked it. I thought Cassia and Ky where really cute together. I also really liked Xander, he was so loyal to Cassia. I
t got a bit boring in the middle, hence the four star. I can't wait to read the next one.

Bianca Same here! I like both guys, ha that is always my problem. I always like both and have trouble choosing. Xanda is like Simon. Always loyal even if it hurts them. Ky is cool though, I loved how he opened up to Cassia and shows her who he really is. I love his poems and his story. :)