The Crimson Fucker's Reviews > The Seance and Other Stories

The Seance and Other Stories by Isaac Bashevis Singer

Sep 13, 2010

bookshelves: books-with-paraphilia
Read in September, 2010

I was expecting some really corny pro-vegan crap when I started reading this, but surprise surprise! Although the pro-vegan is in here… you don’t get that feeling one gets when talking with a vegan… you know like they try to force feed you their ideals and crap… not all! Instead you get his awesome stories that make you wonder how the fuck did this shit never made it to my to-read shelve before!? This is some serious deep shit! But not the kind of deep shit that don’t come from a pompous bastard… you know… like you reading something and you realize pretty quick that whoever wrote it is a smart mother fucker… but not the kind of smart mother fucker who likes to make you feel stupid… arg!!! Now I’m having problems explaining this shit! Look! What I think I’m trying to say is that these are all great short stories… I really like this book! I learned a lot of my people’s culture from it (for those of you who don’t know this I’m a Protestant Jew) like the fact that I can negotiate the marriage contract with my bride’s parents! This is fucking awesome! If I were to become rich one day… I could get picky and shit with what I want to go down in my marriage! By contract! And if I’m on demand (and we all know I am!) I can come up with crazy shit like what kind of food I want in the wedding, and what should my bride wear on the wedding day!!! Yay!!! Also there is some bestiality going down… and if all of this wasn’t enough! THERE ARE FUCKING ZOMBIES!!!! I love it!!! Great book!!! Highly recommended! Thank you K.I.
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Seance and Other Stories.

09/10/2010 page 210
72.0% "zombies! this book even have fucking zombies!!!! and they getting married to each other!"

The Crimson Fucker guahahah! i know! it was one of my favorites! but i like the Dead Fiddler best of all =)

this is some really good, deep shit!

The Crimson Fucker yes, i did read that one! i like it a lot too! my favorite part on that one was the lady's letter =P she didnt wanted to sound vain... but she was hot! just he knows! she was hot!

message 3: by Mariel (new)

Mariel This is the best review I've read this hour.

I love Singer. Enemies: a Love Story and The Family Moskat are my favorites.

The Crimson Fucker you hear that David!!! best review of the hour!!! i'm on my way of becoming cool like you!

message 5: by Mariel (new)

Mariel No one has topped it in the hours since past. Not even the ever-hungry Paul Bryant.

The Crimson Fucker hahahahah! suck on that David!!!! soon i will be Queen i mean King of votes!!!! MUAHAHAHHA

message 7: by Mariel (new)

Mariel You are queen cuz you married the king. Watch out for the bickering marrieds Paul and Manny.

The Crimson Fucker guahahahah!