Giovanni Gelati's Reviews > The Postcard Killers

The Postcard Killers by James Patterson

Sep 07, 10

Read from September 02 to 03, 2010

I finally got to look at Sunday’s newspaper and this novel is sitting atop the New York Times Bestseller List, number one. James Patterson teaming up with Liza Marklund is a stroke of genius and this novel flat out rocks from beginning to end. The story line goes as follows: ”NYPD detective Jacob Kanon is on a tour of Europe’s most gorgeous cities. But the sights aren’t what draw him- he sees each museum, each cathedral, and each café through the eyes of his daughter’s killer. Kanon’s daughter,Kimmy, and her boyfriend were murdered while on vacation in Rome. Since then, young couples in Paris, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, and Stockholm have been found dead. Little connect the murders, other than a postcard to the local newspaper that precedes each new victim.”
I enjoyed this novel for many reasons. Am I a reader that always enjoys James Patterson? No. There are a few that rankled me a bit, but of late I have to say that he has knocked my socks off. Private blew me away and I enjoyed the read, this was even better. The action was intense, the dialogue crisp and engaging and the characters were well developed. The Postcard Killers is the real deal and has it all. I had a hard time putting this novel down it was such a good read. The teaming of Patterson & Marklund is excellent and hopefully they continue to create more work like this.
James Patterson is one of the most purchased novelists in history. It is no mistake he knows how to put together an engaging, fun read, with enough elements to keep us happy and continue to be repeat customers. The thing I enjoy the most about him and his work is that he doesn’t sit on his laurels and mail it in. Case in point is his last few novels, Daniel X, Private and now The Postcard Killers. It makes me optimistic to see how his work is the remainder of the year; he has a number of novels to come.
The Postcard Killers is a novel that is a fast, smooth ride put together by two incredible authors. To pass this up would be a mistake. Action, scenery, romance, nice tight plotline, and all the pieces neatly wrapped up at novel end makes this one of the best reads in a while. James Patterson tops himself again. Indulge yourself and click on the icon here at the blog and order the novel if you haven’t read it or ordered it already, it is money and time well spent.
What are you reading today? Check us out and become our friend on Facebook & Linkedin. Go to Goodreads and become our friend there and suggest books for us to read and post on. You can also follow us on Twitter, and the Gelati’s Scoop Facebook Fan Page. Did you know you can shop directly on Amazon by clicking the Gelati’s Store Tab on our blog? Thanks for stopping by today; We will see you tomorrow. Have a great day.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Postcard Killers.

09/02/2010
09/03/2010
100.0% "Look for our post on Tuesday!!!"
show 1 hidden update…