JenBee's Reviews > Amethyst Bound

Amethyst Bound by L. Shannon

Oct 04, 10

bookshelves: all-pnr-uf, 2010-read, e-book, x-reviewed-old, 3-paranormal-romance, 5-read-fiction, 6-for-review-author-netgalley-tour
Read from September 02 to 04, 2010

Really liked it. Dragon shifters, goodlooking geeky archeologist and a confused and broken international thief AND a fab purple cover - what's not to like.

Toni Giovanni is an international thief with a hard exterior who has had a hard life when we meet her about to steel an ancient artefact from an archaeological expedition. Turns out it’s not just a another assignment when she tries on one of the pendants from the ancient box and can not remove it again. Toni’s connection with Amethyst is born.

Amethyst is an ancient purple dragon who has been trapped in the pendant, once bound with Toni she is very happy to be free and surprisingly straightforward, friendly and helpful. Luckily she shares Toni’s attraction to Davis. Amethyst is actually a really likeable character in her own right and seems to form a trio with Toni and Ben despite being inside Toni.

Archaeologist Dr. Ben Davis has been obsessed by dragon myth and legends from various cultures for years. He manages to translate fro the box the prophecy that nine dragons will bring about Armageddon. Ben is a wonderful celebration of the geek, he’s also adventurous and good looking.

Toni greats her new destiny with confusion and reluctance causing us to empathize with her and understand how she thinks and feels. The relationship she has with Amethyst is amusing and feels very real.

L. Shannon has created a world full of magic and myth that is easily woven into the story and never feels over done. Mix this with bad and dangerous enemies and a love blossoming, you find a potent and powerful story.

I enjoyed Amethyst Bound, an interesting, passionate, action filled and well paced novella. The outcome of the dangers the trio find themselves in is far from clear and keeps you reading. I look forward to the rest of the trilogy.

One final thing, just take a look at the cover - it’s great and it’s really purple!

My review was published on my blog, if you'd like to check my blog out visit:

6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Amethyst Bound.

message 1: by Steph (new)

Steph Sounds good. Looking forward to your review.

Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship} Yay! I'm looking forward to reading this now. :)