Shanna's Reviews > Bareback

Bareback by Chris Owen

Sep 02, 10

bookshelves: m-m, all-stars, contemporary-fiction
Read in September, 2010

This is one of the best and most accurate depictions of a relationship I've ever read. It includes the high of finding new love and the heartbreak when things fall apart. It was a great ride and well written. I especially loved how the author did not place the blame for Tor's indiscretion solely on Tor. While he may have stepped out of line, it took two people to get to the point where that could happen. It was great when Hound actually called Tag out for being an idiot and not accepting his part in things.

Yes there was a lot of sex, but these were two very active men and that would be a very important part of their relationship. I didn't feel that it was out of place or excessive. Just like the fact that both men needed to learn to talk to each other, because that just wasn't something that came naturally to them. They communicated better physically but that allowed for things to build up until they exploded.

The author did a great job of developing the characters and their relationship so that I really felt all the joy and pain that both guys went through. I'm really looking forward to reading the next stage in their lives and relationship. :)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bareback.