Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > Magic on the Hunt

Magic on the Hunt by Devon Monk

Apr 09, 11

bookshelves: paranormal-romance, favorites, kick-butt-heroine, magic-users, must-read
Read from April 05 to 06, 2011

Devon Monk, you made me cry! Okay, so they were tears of joy. The book was awesome. I fell in love with Allie and Zayvion during ‘Magic to the Bone’ and Shame and Terric endeared themselves to me with ‘Magic in the Shadow’ and ‘Magic on the Storm.’ Has it really been 6 books already? It just is not long enough. Thank goodness the series is still going.

Quick Look (for my full review visit http://sistersunedited.blogspot.com)

Highlights:
*Allie is still kicking butt throughout the book next to her lover and soul compliment, Zayvion.
*Their bond is still strong and much needed during the book to help balance the wrongs that were done.
*Allie and Daddy Beckstrom seem to get along better thanks to Victor.
*Shame and Terric add the comic relief needed amongst all the action.
*Baby Backstrom makes first appearance. Excitement and tears abound.
*Most shocked by Mikhail! He is the Black Knight of this book. I know SHOCKING!

Warnings:
*You might want tissues handy towards the end. I admit I did cry. I can't help it being a Mom of 2 and 1 on the way.
This book is hard to set down because it is action packed in every page. Pizza is what's for dinner.

Favorite Quotes:
"And it's just a hunt?" Bea asked. "Just tracking the guy down, or are we going to have to do a little covering up of our own?"
Had she just told me she was willing to kill someone and cover it up? She gave me a happy smile, but that glint in her eyes told me that, yes, she'd just offered to off someone."

"Dad pressed against my mind. Please, Allison. Let me, just this once, hold my son.
I shouldn't. Nothing good ever came from letting my father have his way. But I could feel his love for this baby. And even if he couldn't love me, I knew that at this moment, before the baby could grow up and become a disappointment to him, he truly loved him.
I slowly stepped away from the front of my mind, letting him fill that space, letting him feel through my hands, see through my eyes.
"He's amazing," Dad said through me. "You're amazing." He looked up at Violet, and she smiled."

"I glanced up at Zay, then walked over to stand next to him.
"You look good with a baby in your arms," he murmured.
I took his hand, careful with his fingers that were still wrapped in tape.
"Don't get your hopes up, Jones. I'm not the settling-down type."
"Want to bet on that?" he asked.
"Sure." I made a fist; so did he. We pumped three times.
I threw paper. Zayvion threw scissors.
I'd lost. Startled, I looked up at him. "Two out of three?"
Zay grinned. So did I."
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Magic on the Hunt.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Devon Monk
“And it's just a hunt?" Bea asked. "Just tracking the guy down, or are we going to have to do a little covering up of our own?"
Had she just told me she was willing to kill someone and cover it up? She gave me a happy smile, but that glint in her eyes told me that, yes, she'd just offered to off someone.”

Devon Monk
“Dad pressed against my mind. Please, Allison. Let me, just this once, hold my son.
"He's amazing," Dad said through me. "You're amazing." He looked up at Violet, and she smiled.”

Devon Monk
“I glanced up at Zay, then walked over to stand next to him.
"You look good with a baby in your arms," he murmured.
I took his hand, careful with his fingers that were still wrapped in tape.
"Don't get your hopes up, Jones. I'm not the settling-down type."
"Want to bet on that?" he asked.
"Sure." I made a fist; so did he. We pumped three times.
I threw paper. Zayvion threw scissors.
I'd lost. Startled, I looked up at him. "Two out of three?"
Zay grinned. So did I.”