Amanda The Book Slayer's Reviews > The Iron Queen

Apr 02, 11

bookshelves: fae, must-read, ya
Read in March, 2011

Intriguing and Captivating - excellent 3rd book

Recommend:all Young adult readers, anyone who enjoys books about fae with a little romance thrown in.

Positives-
*the story of Meghan continues to get complicated. Meghan has picked Ash over Robbin and hurt feeling abound.
*Meghan goes and saves her "Dad" that was taken away from her when she was little. It turns out to be more of an undertaking then she thought.
*Ash is still an upstanding guy and I will say that he becomes her knight. It was very sweet and worth shedding a few happy tears over.
*Robbin comes to their rescue again, but has a small bitter streak he must get over.
*Ending is not at all what I expected, which leave me wanting more.... The question that won't leave me is Will Ash and Meghan be together again? Yes, it is a twisted plot.

negatives:
*(not really a neg, but just warning) really intense plot and you will want to pay attention to catch it all. Can't read at a glance.

Fav. Quotes:

"My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours."

"His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”
"A soft noise, almost a sob. Ash rose, hesitated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. "I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise."

And then he was gone."
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Queen.

Quotes Amanda Liked

Julie Kagawa
“His forehead bumped softly against mine, his brilliant silver gaze searing into me. “I plan to keep you, from everyone, for as long as I’m alive. That includes Puck, the false king, and anyone else who would take you away.” One corner of his mouth quirked, as I struggled to catch my breath under his powerful scrutiny. “I guess I should’ve warned you that I have a slight possessive streak.”

Julie Kagawa
“My name is Ashallyn'darkmyr Tallyn, third son of the Unseelie Court...Let it be known--from this day forth, I vow to protect Meghan Chase, daughter of the Summer King, with my sword, my honor, and my life. Her desires are mine. Her wishes are mine. Should even the world stand against her, my blade will be at her side. And should it fail to protect her, let my own existence be forfeit. This I swear, on my honor, my True Name, and my life. From this day on..." His voice went even softer, but I still heard it as though he whispered it into my ear. "I am yours.”

Julie Kagawa
“A soft noise, almost a sob. Ash rose, hesitated, as if fighting the compulsion to obey. "I will always be your knight, Meghan Chase," he whispered in a strained voice, as if every moment he remained was painful to him. "And I swear, if there is a way for us to be together, I will find it. No matter how long it takes. If I have to chase your soul to the ends of eternity, I won't stop until I find you, I promise."

And then he was gone.”