Victor Gentile's Reviews > McKenzie

McKenzie by Penny Zeller

Sep 01, 10

Read in September, 2010

Penny Zeller in her new book, "McKenzie" Book One in the Montana Skies Series published by Whitaker House gives us a look into the lives of individuals in the West of 1881.

The heroine of this story is McKenzie Worthington who is desperate to rescue her younger sister from an abusive husband who robs banks for a living. She runs away from her stately Boston home as a mail-order bride for a rancher in the rugged Montana Territory. Desperation also prompted Zach Sawyer to post the ad for a bride, and he eagerly awaits woman God has chosen as his wife. When they meet, McKenzie tries to keep her distance, but she can’t help feeling attracted to Zach and his selfless ways. The question of the day is…what will become of McKenzie’s plan to annul the marriage when she finds her sister?

What prompts us to do desperate things? What moves us to sacrifice our own comforts for those of someone else? In this case it is the love McKenzie Worthington has for her sister, Kaydie. She gives up her home in Boston to go all the way across the country to marry a man sight unseen just to deliver Kaydie from her abusive husband. What makes a man desperate enough to post ads for a wife? His love for God and his family and his trust that God will send him a suitable mate so that they can build a future together. Ms. Zeller does a marvelous job of showing us what happens when we have plans and God has plans and He shapes us into His way.

Ms. Zeller is a good writer and is funny too. I liked this book and am now looking forward to the next book which will focus on Kaydie. It is well worth your time to read this book; you will be glad you did

To listen to 24 Christian music please visit our internet radio station www.kingdomairwaves.org

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Whitaker House through FIRST Wild Card Tours.*. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read McKenzie.