Linda's Reviews > Killer's Cousin, The

Killer's Cousin, The by Nancy Werlin

Sep 06, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, mystery, realistic, troubled-teen
Read from September 01 to 04, 2010

I have yet to read a book by Nancy Werlin that I didn't like. Her books always explore the darker side of people, and it often a side that we would prefer to ignore. Ms. Werlin always does a superb job helping us to understand what is going on in the minds of her characters and there is always something a bit creepy going on in those minds.

David is currently living with his aunt, uncle and cousin Lily, as he tries to complete high school. David has been sent there to avoid the notoriety that came when David was on trial for killing his girlfriend, Emily. It was an accident, and David was cleared, but regardless of the verdict in the case, David is consumed with guilt.

Things aren't quite right with his aunt, uncle and cousin either. David's aunt and uncle don't speak to each other. Lily is quite hostile towards David, and as time goes on Lily's behavior becomes more and more threatening. As his relationship with these relatives grow more and more tense, David starts to wonder if he is the only one who’s hiding something?

David's story unfolds in short bursts of enlightenment and even though you think you know what is going on, you don't. The story suddenly takes a new twist that will keep you hooked, and in suspense, until the very end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Killer's Cousin, The.