Mare S's Reviews > Dayhunter

Dayhunter by Jocelynn Drake

Oct 09, 10

bookshelves: 2010-reads, fantasy-scifi
Read in October, 2010

This book picks up immediately after the first book and continues right into the storyline set up in the first one. That said, there wasn't nearly as much action in this book, focusing more on the whys and such behind some of the information discovered in the first book as well as setting up for some interesting choices on the the part of Mira in the remainder of the series.

I still love Mira and her fight against everyone trying to have control over her (including her inner monster/past) and sometimes feeling like it's such a lost cause. I love that as much as she says she doesn't care for anyone but herself and getting to her home, she continually to proves otherwise.

Her "relationship" with Danuas continues to be enjoyable, including her attempts to break his rigid moral code.

I think my favorite thing about this series is the way the author writes the settings. The description and emotions evoked makes it so easy to envision and get lost in the places.

My biggest issue with this book was that it felt like a huge information dump for most of it. But I'm willing to continue with the series because I'm intrigued to see how this information plays out. And I do like Mira.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dayhunter.