Jessica at Book Sake's Reviews > The Drained Brains Caper

The Drained Brains Caper by Trina Robbins

Sep 01, 10

This graphic novel for kids 9-12 was a quick read for me and I can see it being a fun read for kids. This is something I think that my niece, who’s in elementary school, would get a kick out of reading. It was quirky and silly from beginning to end and it was easy to follow what was going on. The haiku writing teenager was a different twist as haiku’s showed up in different forms throughout the story. Having a genius kid as a best friend never hurts a story and who can resist a plot that contains a sweet and furry dog in it’s midst as well.

As it is the first story that shows us how the detective agency is born, I can see that there could ultimately be many more volumes of this series to come. An author has a lot of room to move when a detective agency is at the base of the storyline…anything could happen. This is a great book for those reluctant readers that still want picture books or short stories but are making the transition over to more complex stories.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Drained Brains Caper.