tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Attention, Move! This Is America!

Attention, Move! This Is America! by Margot Harry

Jan 08, 08

bookshelves: politics

I've been a MOVE supporter of some sort or another for as long as I've known about them. I even took a bus from Baltimore to Philadelphia just to go to their trial after the Powelton Village assault on them by the police in 1978. MOVE are the victims of a racist society BIG TIME. This bk was written by somebody associated w/ the RCP (Revolutionary Communist Party). The RCP was, at one time, a sortof nemesis of anarchists (I'm an anarchist) because of their authoritarianism. Yeah, I agree, the RCP has a party line that members spout like zombies - BUT, that aside, I've had RCP friends & they've actually been supportive of me as an anarchist & never tried to recruit me so I have no personal bad feelings against them. In fact, I'd say that their newspaper, The Revolutionary Worker, is a pretty good source of info on black radicalism. The RCP's "Chairman" (sheesh, how I hate that hierarchical stuff!), Bob Avakian, was an early supporter of the Black Panthers - so I respect him for that. All in all, this is a pretty hard look at the state's sanctioned genocide of black radicals. The title is a quote from what the police sd to MOVE members before they proceeded to massacre MOVE.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Attention, Move! This Is America!.