Abby's Reviews > Sandry's Book

Sandry's Book by Tamora Pierce

Sep 08, 10

bookshelves: ya, fantasy
Read from September 01 to 07, 2010

In this new(ish) series by Tamora Pierce, four teens are thrown together after they are discovered to have similar magical talets: Briar with plants, Daja with metalwork, Tris with weather and Sandry with thread. Sandry's book introduced the series and sets the stage for the following books, each focusing on the group and the individual it features.

Why I Picked It Up:

An ARDENT Tamora Pierce fan (Alanna is my HERO!), I stopped reading her a while back when I felt her books were getting too sloppily written. I found this in a pile of books heading to Goodwill after the two new roommates and myself got the apartment resettled. Sandry's Book will continue on its way to Goodwill but it was a fun and diverting read.

Who Would I Recommend It To:
Young readers, around age 10/11. Great heroines for young women in all Pierce's books, but this story is particularly geared towards a younger audience. I also think the way the adults are represented is well done: they're not useless cardboard figures, but take an active role in shaping the younger characters and yet allowing them space to grow.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sandry's Book.