Kelsey Lancraft's Reviews > The Vintage Bradbury: The Greatest Stories by America's Most Distinguished Practioner of Speculative Fiction

The Vintage Bradbury by Ray Bradbury

4204796
Sep 21, 10

I just recently stumbled upon Bradbury, and I regret that it has taken me this long to read his writing. There was not a single short story in this collection that I did not like. Each had such original characters with such intense emotions. Because of Bradbury’s skillful use of point of view, I could feel every obsession, every fear, every desire from the characters’ perspectives. Each story also seemed to have a twist. It was as if the ending was never what I expected, or it might have been that I just so caught up in the story that each ending was perfectly completed.What I loved most about this book was the originality of the stories. Bradbury has to be admired for the risks he took in writing many of the stories as they are not safe or usual. I'd like to be a writer that takes the kind of chances Bradbury does.

My favorite stories were "The Small Assassin," a tale not about post-partum depression, "Kaleidoscope," a chronicle of astronauts drifting to their deaths in space, and "And the Rock Cried Out," a story where racial roles are switched in the near future.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vintage Bradbury.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Wade Long The Small Assassin is one of my favorite stories EVER. I just wonder why Hollywood has never caught on, and adapted it to screen yet!