Bree's Reviews > Lethal Legacy

Lethal Legacy by Linda Fairstein

Mar 17, 11

bookshelves: fiction, mystery-suspense, new-york-city, thriller, want-to-own, wishlist, libraries
Read from March 03 to 16, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Well...let's see it's a book about the NYPL, rare books, rare maps, librarians, conservators, a treasure hunt, mystery and murder. What is not to love!! Reading this book was made so much more fun because of the fact that for a class at school we visited the Map Division and got to see a little of the collection and have the Sanborn maps explained to us. I've wandered the halls and looked at the little galleries and paintings on the wall. I've also gotten a tour of the Morgan library reading room and see bits of their collection as well, including a facsimile (gorgeous reproduction) of the Rebecca de Bretagne prayer book...I could see all these things and better imagine aspects of the story. I never knew there was an apartment inside the library, it is tidbits like this that make the read so much fun.

Obviously I'm in love with the setting for this story, as far as the actual story goes the coolness of the setting pretty much overwhelmed the story for me, it was obvious who was involved in the murders from the introduction of the map thief and the one armed hooked man, but I so enjoyed reading this book that I had to give it 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lethal Legacy.