Edna Lyn's Reviews > Fall for Anything

Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers

Feb 15, 14

bookshelves: the-contemps, 2010, young-adult, contemporary
Read on December 31, 2010

Fall For Anything is an intense emotional journey of 17-year-old Eddie as she deals with her grief and tries to figure out why her father took his own life. Things have definitely shifted for her and she's confused and frustrated as ever. Milo, Eddie's best friend, has kept some details of that horrible night from her and refuses to talk about it. Her mother, Robyn, is basically a living zombie going through the motions and her mother's best friend Beth has moved in and grates on Eddie's every nerve. During one of Eddie's frequent visits to the warehouse where her father committed suicide, she meets one of her father's students Culler Evans. Culler, like Eddie, wants some sort of understanding of his former teacher's death and together they're led on a hunt for answers.

This book made me feel right from the opening line: My hands are dying. I have chills. I finished this book last night but my emotions are still kind of going haywire at the moment. These characters were felt real and raw. Really beautifully written.

I had an idea of what was going on with the mystery and even when all things came to light it still shocked me to the core. What, seriously??? Utter disbelief. And I loved that.

Courtney's writing simply leaves me in awe. She's a must-read, I can't recommend her books enough.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fall for Anything.