Kristy's Reviews > Matched

2079018
Aug 31, 2010

bookshelves: 2011, future, loved-it, cover-love, sci-fi-dystopia
Read from January 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

I really liked this book. Cassia lives in the world after some sort of disaster. The society that she lives in has decided that people in the past had too much free thought basically. Everyone is matched with the perfect mate (if they desire to be married). Due to matching people, they have eliminated cancer and many diseases. Everything they do is monitored and controlled, down to what they eat, where they work and live. This book starts with Cassia going to her matching banquet.

It was so different from anything I have read before. The world Ally Condie created really sucked me in. I can't wait to read the next two books!

I fell in love with the characters. I really liked Xander which made me feel terrible for him in the end. He was obviously in love with Cassia all along, and lucky for him he was matched with her. Then of all the people in the society Cassia starts questioning the way of the society and their strong authority and matching system. Poor guy. But I really liked Ky too. It was so sad when he was hauled off. I just can't wait to read more!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Matched.