Michele's Reviews > A Knight in Shining Armor

A Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux

Aug 31, 10

bookshelves: fiction
Read on August 31, 2010

I am not even sure what to call this book....fiction? Okay, yes. Historical fiction? Parts of it are. Romance? Well, there's a love story involved. Fantasy? You'll find time travel here.

Okay, it was all of these things and more. Who knew that one of the best books I've read in ages would be a cheap paperback from 1988 written by an author I had just assumed was your typical romance writer?

Deveraux gives us one Elizabethan-era duke who finds himself dumped straight into 1988 where he meets our erstwhile heroine, Douglass. Prepare to laugh yourself silly while Duke Stafford takes in the 20th century and tries to make sense of it all.

Then comes the love story.....

What can I say? Read it. You'll laugh and you may just puddle up at the end like I did. Pathetic, I know, but there you have it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Knight in Shining Armor.

08/31/2010 page 100
22.0% "Not sure why I picked this up this afternoon, but I've been lmao at Sir Nicholas. What a charmer!"
08/31/2010 page 100
22.0% "Nicholas goes to his very first 20th century movie....this is just hysterical."
08/31/2010 page 218
47.0% "Douglass is giving cold tablets to Lady Margaret Stafford in 1560....very funny indeed."
08/31/2010 page 249
54.0% ""Lately the castle folk had been talking about some people named Rhett and Scarlett." Bwahahahaha!"

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Tara Chevrestt Her Rememberance was pretty funny also. I don't remember the story line but I liked it almost as much as this one.

message 3: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit I never thought I'd find a review here from you :)

Trolling the library catalog again. Might have to check this out.

Michele Pffft. See, I can surprise even you sometimes.

message 1: by Misfit (new) - added it

Misfit Michele wrote: "Pffft. See, I can surprise even you sometimes."

You did this time :)