Bookaholics's Reviews > Atlantis Betrayed

Aug 31, 10

Atlantis Betrayed by Alyssa Day
Paranormal Romance- Sep 7th 2010
5 stars

I loved Atlantis Betrayed! It is definitely my new favorite in Alyssa Day’s Warriors of Poseidon series. The hero is super hot and heroine is more than a match for him!

Lady Fiona is the notorious Scarlet Ninja, a famous thief. And her new target the Siren. The large jewel set in the sword of William the Conquer. Unfortunately, it is locked done under the tight security of the Tower of London . While she is casing the Tower she comes across an unlikely and mysterious man and shoots him leaving the sword for another time. But what she doesn’t realize is her foe is a powerful Warrior of Poseidon with powers of his own. He recovers and tracks Fiona confronting her and ‘persuading’ her to joining forces to steal the sword.

Christophe is bored. His latest assignment, to steal the Siren from the Tower of London . He doesn’t find it a challenge but his is surprised and aroused by the lovely Scarlet Ninja and when she injures him all he can think of taking his revenge on her delightful body. When he meets her he finds himself spellbound and acting very uncharacteristic! He likes her and actually wants to please her. But soon the find themselves under attack. And both will need each other because another and more dangerous foe wants the sword and intends to use it power…

At first when I read the blurb about a heroine that is a fairy tale writer by day and by night the Scarlet Ninja a renowned thief. I really wondered if this plot would work. And boy did it! This was an outrageously fun book that had some really likeable characters. Fiona is partially Fae and has cool abilities to bend light. She is also smart and sassy! I loved her butler who is a cross between Batman’s Alfred and James Bond. And instead of being annoying her younger brother is perky and adds a human dimension to Fiona. Plus there are some interesting and evil Fae and vampire lurking in the story. So this book has everything, including a somewhat grumpy and bored hero who was very charming. The main characters definitely had a chemistry that was a joy to read. They played against each other beautifully.

I have to say this book has really got me looking forward to Alyssa Day’s upcoming books. I really, really want to know more about the young warrior Denal who finds himself as a guard to the beautiful Fae Princess Maeve. I hope the author includes more Fae in her future books. They are deliciously evil! The author also sneaks in quite a few scenes with prior characters that faithful readers will enjoy.

This story was fun and even lighthearted. At times I found myself laughing out loud and really getting into the spirit of this exiting and thrilling romp. This is book you will not want to miss!

Reviewed by Steph form the Bookaholics Romance Book Club
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Atlantis Betrayed.