Nikki's Reviews > Memoirs of a Geisha

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

F 50x66
Aug 31, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Memoirs of a Geisha.

Quotes Nikki Liked

Arthur Golden
“Water is powerful. It can wash away earth, put out fire, and even destroy iron.”

Arthur Golden
“Sometimes we get through adversity only by imagining what the world might be like if our dreams should ever come true.”

Arthur Golden
“He was like a song I'd heard once in fragments but had been singing in my mind ever since.”

Arthur Golden
“This is why dreams can be such dangerous things: they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes they consume us completely.”

Arthur Golden
“I don't know when we'll see each other again or what the world will be like when we do. We may both have seen many horrible things. But I will think of you every time I need to be reminded that there is beauty and goodness in the world.”

Arthur Golden
“The heart dies a slow death, shedding each hope like leaves until one day there are none. No hopes. Nothing remains.”

Arthur Golden
“Watch for the thing that will show itself to you. Because that thing, when you find it, will be your future.”

Arthur Golden
“Of course, a sign doesn't mean anything unless you know how to interpret it.”

Arthur Golden
“Those of us with water in our personalities don't pick where we'll flow to. All we can do is flow where the landscape of our lives carries us”

Arthur Golden
“Even stone can be worn down with enough rain.”