Kerste's Reviews > Invincible

Invincible by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Jul 16, 11

bookshelves: audiobook, at-the-library, demons, paranormal, young-adult
Read from July 06 to 13, 2011, read count: 1

I love Nick and I'm excited to read his whole story. That said, this wallow in his 14th year is...not my favorite SK. The narrator was reasonably good, though I could have done without him channeling Patrick Swayze from Too Wong Fu as Nick's mom. LOVED seeing Wren and Remy and crew through Nick's eyes, but that's pretty much where the thrills ended for me. Never really saw Simi as being over 6' tall, that was a weird detail for me to swallow.

I think this is a good action packed series for the YA crowd...just not quite what I've come to expect from SK.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Invincible.

07/06/2011
30.0% "Not a bad audio listen. Loved meeting Remy and Wren, etc. Love Nick and his sarcasm. Hate the moody Ambrose, don't like seeing what my loved one becomes. Enjoying the ride anyway."
07/08/2011
50.0% "Listening to a man read a woman's voice is just as weird as listening to a woman read men's voices. I just don't like it. But I swear that Holter Graham channels Patrick Swayze from Too Wong Foo every time he impersonates Nick's mom. It's hard for me to focus on the story as I hear/see Patrick in drag as Nick's mom. Other than that, I always enjoy my SK."
07/09/2011
83.0% "I am enjoying this book, however as I near the end, I'm a little put off by the fact that Nick is going to still be 14 years old at the end of things. That leaves, what 10-20 books left in the series about his life. And I find it a bit squicky all the talk about girls and losing his virginity...at 14. Why is he so focused on this? Maybe I've never met a 14 year old boy, but is this really what they think about?"