Grace's Reviews > Bloody Valentine

Apr 09, 2011

did not like it
bookshelves: disliked, young-adult
Read on April 09, 2011

Ok, well that took about an hour to read, if that. I don't know about this series. As it goes on, I'm getting increasingly disinterested in it. The character development was very nicely done in the first few books...but now the characters fall flat on the pages. I use to really like Schuyler's character because she was independent and did her own thing. Now she's so dependent on Jack it's nauseating.

I also don't understand this whole half book between the actual book thing (the keys to the repository, bloody valentine). If Cruz just added some more details they could basically be their own books in the series. Maybe it's just me but these books feel so rushed with all the information she tries to cram into it. I would have liked to see the fight scene between Jack and the venators in more detail, but it just happens and bam it's done.

I also didn't like how Allegra was portrayed in this book. We don't really know much about Allegra because for almost the whole series she has been in a coma, but as Cruz writes of Allegra before the coma happened, she just seemed annoying and selfish. She treated Charles like crap when all he did was love her as was supposed to happen in their subsequent lifetimes which made me really start to dislike Allegra's character.

I feel like Cruz would be better off in making these full books instead of in-between books. This one was interesting but I had those issues with it. I guess we'll just have to see where the next blue bloods book takes me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloody Valentine.