Michael Phelps's Reviews > If Only

If Only by Norma Budden

Feb 07, 2015

Read in February, 2015

IF ONLY by AUUTHOR NORMA BUDDEN is a story that many, many people have known . . . of deep, dark, closely guarded secrets kept by those affected. Teenagers; first love . . . the forbidden act of consumation . . . fear . . . regret . . . shame. A baby is born . . . yet given away out of shame, fear and regrets. Fast forward sixteen years. The teen mother has feelings . . . her 'unwanted' child is in jeapordy . . . SHE needs her! Now, a successful businesswoman, happily married, with two young children . . . but with her heart aching for her first born.

She hires pribate detectives to locate her daughter, to no avail. She turns to a private detective with a stake in her quest . . . the child's biological father, her high school sweetheart. Sixteen years have passed. He too is happily married, with two young daughters of his own, IF ONLY . . . he had known . . . perhaps their lives would have taken an entirely different course.

Now, DEMI GLENN must confess . . . to David Alexander, her first born's father . . . to her husband Robert of her deception hidden all these years. Tragedy is about to envelope the Glenn and Alexander families . . . and the search for Demi and David's ill conceived daughter takes on an unexpected urgency that spans the country.

The daughter knew she had been adopted . . . and wondered "IF ONLY". Hee boyfriend is intent on helping her. David Alexander wakes in the middle of the night . . . hearing his daughter's voice . . . this is real . . . over and over. He knows she is in trouble . . . and only he can save her. IF ONLY . . . this is a case he must solve . . . and the clock is ticking.

AUTHOR NORMA BUDDEN has woven an inticate love story with deepening suspense and characters so real, you feel their emotions leaping off the pages. IF ONLY held me in growing suspense and did not let go. I HOPE MS. BUDDEN will not leave her readers locked in time . . . there must be more to this story . . . IF ONLY!

I have read three of AUTHOR NORMA BUDDEN'S novels and find her to be an exciting Writer who has a way of bringing her readers inside her stories.

IF ONLY deserves nothing less than FIVE STARS!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If Only.

02/07/2015 marked as: read

Annette Witherow-Van Horn This was my first read of Author Norma Budden. If Only. I was caught up in it from the beginning! She has a way of making you feel as if you are part of the story, the suspense keeps you reading page after page! There is everything from your first love to life changing decisions , tragedy and finding answers . She had me through the entire story ! This is by far a 5 star!!!!

message 2: by Eleonore (new)

Eleonore Caron I was sixteen when I had a baby and my parents raised her but honestly things would have been better for everyone if she had had adoptive parents who loved her and raised her as their own.