Sharran's Reviews > Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul

Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul by Jack Canfield

Aug 31, 2010

it was ok
Recommended for: Anyone who wants to read a relatively heart-wrenching romantic fiction book.
Read from August 31, 2010 to October 09, 2011 , read count: 1

1) Some stories were really cute but unfortunately most of them were moderately depressing since a lot of them were about losing a loved one.

2) I was also under the impression that this was going to be a Christian book as the Chick Soup Series is sold in a lot of Christian Bookstores. However, some of the stories inferred that the people had other religious views. So, just so everyone is clear this is not a strictly Christian worldview book.

3) Most importantly, I gave the book two stars because I initially thought all the stories in the book and series were going to be true stories. After looking up one of the stories and finding that it was not true or that it was only partially true, my husband and I felt that we could not trust any of the stories to be true anymore. It really put a damper on the emotional impact of the stories once we started wondering how many of the stories were made up. Therefore, although I tried, I just could not make it through the last few stories of the book. The interest just fizzled out.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chicken Soup for the Couple's Soul.

08/31/2010 page 11